Ca La Bionda
The Azienda Agricola Ca’ la Bionda is situate in the commune of Marano di Valpolicella, in the heart of the historically “classic” zone of the Valpolicella. The winery was founded in 1902 by Pietro Castellani (namesake of the current owner) and is now run by the fourth generation of the family represented by brothers Alessandro, the winemaker, and Nicola, the viticulturalist. The vineyards area extends over 28 hectares of hillside land at an altitude ranging from 150 to 300 meters above sea level and with an east south-east exposure.
Our wines are faithful expressions of our land and of the Marano valley. We only work with native grapes and we only use traditional winemaking process.
Ca’ la Bionda has been practicing organic viticulture and winemaking since the year 2000. The process of obtaining official certification began in 2012.The winery has been certified organic since 2016. Official certification is important in that it ensures rigorous adherance to organic principals as well as providing the consumer with added guarantees. In organic viticulture the use of chemical and synthesised pesticieds, herbicides, insecticides and fertilizers is prohibited. In the winery we only use indigenous yeasts and use no more than a quarter of the sulphure dioxide permitted in conventional wine-making
In 2008, along with other like-minded producers, contributed to the formation of the FIVI association: Federazione Italiana Vignaioli Indipendenti. The FIVI represents a growing group of vignerons who personally follow the entire wine-making process: they grow their own grapes, vinify their own grapes, bottle their own wine and market their own wine.
- Appellation: Valpolicella
- Owner: Alessandro, Pietro and Nicola Castellani
- Winemaker: Alessandro Castellani
- Varieties Grown: Corvina
- Age of Vines: 29 - vineyards from 25 to 80 years old
- Altitude: 150-300 metres above sea level - limestone soil
- Farming Methods: organic
- Recioto della Valpolicella Classico
- Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso "Malavoglia"
- Casal Vegri DECENNALE Valpolicella Classico Superiore, doc Rosso
- Casal Vegri Valpolicella Classico Superiore, doc Rosso
- Valpolicella Classico doc Rosso
- Amarone Classico, "Vigneti di Ravazzol" DOCG
- Amarone Classico doc Rosso