Churchill’s Port & Estates
Churchill’s was founded in 1981 by John Graham, making it the first Port Wine Company to be established in 50 years. The Founder wanted to continue his family’s long Port tradition but at the same time create his own individual style of Port. He named the Company after his wife, Caroline Churchill.
Over the next several decades, the production grew to include a full range of ruby and tawny ports. But one thing has remained the same – a commitment to vintage quality port with a dry fresh style that is uniquely and classically Johnny Graham’s.
In 1999, Churchill’s acquired Quinta da Gricha, Johnny’s fifth and final child. He had long had his eye on the 50 hectare grade-A vineyard, going back to his days with Cockburn-Smithe’s in the 1970s. Owning and operating its own vineyard was a watershed moment for the start-up Churchill’s, providing control over grape supply for the first time and paving the way for entrance into Douro still wines.
In 2002, Johnny teamed up with young Portuguese wine maker and fellow wine rogue Ricardo Pinto Nunes, and together they have created the Churchill’s Estates and Quinta da Gricha ranges of still Douro wines. Through these wines, Johnny and Ricardo aim to combine the rigor and discipline of vintage port making with the spirit of experimentation at the heart of the new Douro wine movement.
- Appellation: Port
- Owner: Johnny Graham
- Winemaker: Johnny Graham
- Varieties Grown: Port, Douro
- Age of Vines: up to 80 years old
- Altitude: 150 to 400 meters above sea level
- Farming Methods: Human Centered Production
- Churchill's Estates Grafite Douro White
- Churchill's Quinta da Gricha Douro Red
- Churchill's Estates Grafite Douro Red
- 500ML Churchill's 30 Years Old Tawny Port GIFT BOX
- Churchill's Ruby Porto Reserve
- Churchill's Crusted Bottled Ruby Port
- Churchill's Late Bottled Vintage Ruby Port
- 375ml - Churchill's Vintage Port
- Churchill's Quinta da Gricha Port
- 500ML Churchill's 10 Years Old Tawny Port
- Churchill's Dry White Port
- Churchill's 20 Years Old Tawny Port