Contino, Rioja Rosado

The Garnacha Blanca comes from the San Gregorio plot which was planted in 1980 and whose soils are calcareous clay. The Viura comes from different parts of Contino, from the alluvial, old pago of Lentisco, from the stony San Gregorio La Tabla and from La Finca de Santa María. All of these vines are between 35 and 40 years old. The close proximity of the vineyards to the winery means that the grapes arrived in perfect conditions. Whole bunches of hand-picked grapes were destemmed and transferred to a stainless steel vat where skin contact took place. Following this, the vat was drained and pressed. Alcoholic fermentation took place during 20 days. Once finished, 30% is transferred to concrete tanks and the remaining 70% to new and semi-new barrels from different oak cooperages, of 500 litres.

Tasting note: Intense very bright raspberry pink in color. Elegant aroma of red  fruits, complemented by floral notes that give it finesse and freshness. A pleasantly balance rose, with an extraordinary roundness on the palate. highlight its volume and persistence, with a refreshing finish and long aftertaste.

Winery: Contino
Appellation: Rioja
Average age of vines: N/A
Farming Methods: Traditional
Maturation: 19 months in oak barrels
Soil: Alluvial and calcareous
Varietal: 66% Graciano, 34% Garnacha
Vineyard Orientation: N/A
Vineyard Size: 62 hectares
Wine Scores Downloads Reviews
Contino, Rioja Rosado 2020 91 Wine Advocate