Conde de Subirats

About the Winery

The vineyards for this winery once belonged to the Subirats Castle, hence the name of the wine, Conde de Subirats. As a commercial concern, the winery was started in 1948. In 1990 and 1991 the current vineyards were purchased and planted, including Chardonnay, a rarity at that time. A new winery building with the latest winemaking technology was started in 2003 with construction being completed in 2005.

The estate vineyards are planted predominantly to Chardonnay, with lesser amounts of Pinot Noir, Macabeo, Xarel-lo and Parellada. Farming the vineyards is conducted vine by vine, with each vine getting differing amount of pruning, leaf thinning and irrigation based on a technical analysis of the soils and exposition of the vineyards.

Our Wines


This site is registered on as a development site.