ABOUT THE WINERY
The Languedoc region has been recognized as an upper quality wine producing area for ages, it had already been chosen by the antic Roman wine growers. Benefiting from the fame of the region, the wines from Saint Georges d’Orques, a village located close to Montpellier, are well-known in many foreign countries since the middle age. Mr. Thomas Jefferson discovered the wines of this village in 1787 when he was Ambassador of the United States. Few years later, becoming President of the country and thanks to their quality, he did his best to facilitate the importation of these wines. This small part of the region was already a surrounding name, symbol of an exceptional quality hold by very concerned wine growers.