ABOUT THE WINERY
Founded in 1818 with the marriage of Nicolas François Billecart and Elisabeth Salmon, Champagne Billecart-Salmon is one of a select number of houses to remain family owned.Since the early 19th century. Seven generations of Billecarts have called Mareuil-sur-Aÿ home under the village’s patron saint, Saint-Hilaire. Famed throughout the world for its unrivaled soil and the renowned quality of its delicate Rosé, the majority of Billecart-Salmon’s fruit comes from a small vineyard holding in the village. Meticulous production techniques, from the use of their own cultured yeast to its long, slow, cool fermentation, ensure that the family still has 100 per cent control of production and distribution.